Sunday, January 23, 2011

Review: Who Moved My Cheese? for Teens


Who Moved My Cheese? for Teens by Spencer Johnson
Published in 2002 by G. P. Putnam's Sons
Genres: Young Adult, Fiction, Self-Help

I loved this novel. It was a great read for if you are bad at adapting to change. Anyone who hasn't read this seriously needs to read it, thogh. Even if you adjust to change easily.

The four main characters - the mice Sniff and Scurry, and the Littlepeople Hem and Haw - live in a Maze and have to search for cheese everyday.

"Cheese" is a metaphor for what you want to have in life - whether it is foing well at school, making a team, getting a good job, finding a loving relatioiniship, or just feeling good about yourself.

And the "Maze" is where you look for what you want - your school, where you work and play, or the family or community you live in.

It starts off sort of face-paced, but then everything slows down as Haw and Hem wait for the Cheese in Cheese Station C to come back (I'm not telling more than that because I don't want to spoil). Haw learns some really good things from The Handwriting on the Wall, and I did, too. It made me think about the things I've done in my past when there was a big change. I just shake my head and think about what I want to make out of myself. This book really helps you to forgive and forget your past and look forward to the future, to picture yourself doing wonderful things and then reaching that accomplishment you invisioned.

Like I said, if you haven't read this novel yet, you really need to. It will definitely help. It helped me a LOT. There is also a version that isn't teen, for you adults out there who might be interested :)

My Rating: 10 Dead Fish

~the Decayed Fish

No comments: