Friday, January 21, 2011

Review: Evermore (Immortals, #1)


Evermore (Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel
Published in 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Coming of Age, Romance

This novel was really great! It had lots of romance in it, a girl struggling through her recent loss of her family, and just a smidge of action. Damen was really mysterious. He was always disappearing somewhere, or appearing right next to you when you least expected it. Ever, the main character, has two best friends named Haven and Miles. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't Haven's real name because she is really obsessed with vampires. Miles is gay, and loves acting, but from his behaviors in the story, I believe he would be a really great friend.

A cool addition to the book is that Ever can see ghosts who haven't went on to the other side already; they are basically just lingering behind. Well, Ever's little sister Riley died in the car accident that killed their mom, dad, and dog. Ever was the only one to survive. Anywho, Rilely just sort of pops in and out of the story, but I really like the way the characters do that. It keeps you from knowing exactly what's sgoing to happen and when.

My favorite character in this novel was probably... Ever. She learned how to deal with new problems, which, now that I am thinking about it, was usually a person. There was Damen's mysterious friend who happened to be a girl; a woman who can see Riley just as well as Ever, and knows Ever can see her, too; and well, Damen himself. Apparently he's upposed to be gorgeous and knows how to do everything. I would love to meet him if he were real!

Anyways, if you haven't read this book yet, you really need to. It was a fun read, and actually, I was done with it before I knew what was happening. That's the sign of a good book :).

My Rating: 10 Dead Fish


~the Decayed Fish

1 comment:

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Awesome review! :D

~Zakiya